Understanding the importance of search intent, you can ensure that you’re directing your ads and landing pages to the right audience.
If you’re looking for a way to grow your brand, increase conversions and make more money, read this guide.
What are Google Ads?
If you’re reading this, it’s a safe bet that you’re new to Google Ads. After all, you can’t be a user of Google’s services without being aware of Google Ads. But what are Google Ads?
Google Ads is a platform that helps you reach your target audience by placing relevant advertisements on Google Search, YouTube, Gmail, Google Maps, and the Google Play Store. Google Ads is the most significant source of revenue for Google.
Google Ads can also be referred to as pay-per-click advertising. When a user clicks on an Ad, the Ad buyer pays for that click which is determined through the campaign budget.
How to implement Search Intent into your Ad Campaigns
1. Do Your Research
You can’t decide whether to implement search intent without understanding your goals and objectives. You can’t effectively do this if you’re not aware of what you want. If you don’t know what your business is looking to achieve through online advertising, how will you know if you’re doing it right?
There are two ways to gain this knowledge:
Do this by asking questions such as:
- What are the most important things you need from a company?
- What makes you comfortable or uncomfortable when purchasing a service or product?
- What types of services or products are you looking for?
- What keywords do your customers search for your products or services online?
- What are the most common search terms that you use?
- What is the top result if you do a Google search for your business?
Visit your competitor’s website and see what keywords they use on their web pages. This is a great way to identify new keywords and stay competitive in your market.
You can also go through your company’s website and see what keywords are used the most. This can help you figure out the purpose behind the searches.
2. Identify Relevant Keywords
Next, you’ll want to determine the search terms you wish to target. You’ll want to be specific with the keywords you use.
You can use a tool such as Google’s Keyword Planner to determine the top-ranking keywords for your industry. This tool can determine which words are used the most and which words people search for.
The best way to do this is to input the words you want to target. The tool will then show you the number of searches for these keywords and the number of monthly searches. This will give you a general idea of the search terms you want to target.
If you want to target more specific keywords, you can use Google Trends. This tool allows you to see how often a keyword is searched for and the volume of searches for the keyword.
3. Use Data to Create Your Google ads
Now that you know the search terms that you want to target, you’ll need to create ads for these keywords. You can do this by using the Keyword Planner. This tool will show you the most common keywords for your industry and what you can do to optimize your ads.
You can use these keywords to create ad groups. You can then create a landing page for each ad group and target these keywords to the landing page. This will help you understand how the ads perform to make changes and improvements.
4. Setup Ad Groups to Target the Search Intent of Your Customers
Once you have the keywords, you can create ads for these terms. You can create a landing page for each ad group. You can then use these keywords to direct the landing page. This will allow you to target the search intent.
This will also allow you to target more keywords, which will increase your chances of making a sale.
There Are Four Types of Search Intent:
- Informational Intent: A user is trying to find more information about a product, service or topic. This includes broad searches such as “how to make pasta from scratch” or “how to build a website.”
- Navigational Intent: A user is trying to find a specific website online. They use search terms that include “branded keywords.” Using these keywords would show you results for our agency’s website. If a user is trying to find a particular business, they will input its name, such as “Display Digital Marketing.”
- Transactional Intent: A user wants to buy a product or service online. They use search terms that include product or service name keywords such as “social media marketing services,” “web development services,” or “pay per click advertising companies.” Google will then show you the top results for these queries knowing you intend to purchase the product or service.
- Commercial intent: A user is not quite ready to purchase but wants to research the product or service. The user inputs search terms like “best social media agencies in Calgary” or “best plumbers in Calgary.” Google will show the user the top results for these queries and show the locations of these businesses.
Implementing a search intent strategy into your Google Ads campaign can increase your return on ad spend and save your business money. You can target transactional and commercial intent keyword searches, maximizing the chances of making a sale.
Search intent is one of the best ways your business can maximize your Google Ad spend and see a greater return on investment.
To fully understand and utilize pay-per-click platforms, it is best to hire the help of an expert. An excellent pay-per-click agency can identify what is currently working and what needs to implement to increase the ROI of your Ads.
Interested in growing your business through Google Ads and pay-per-click advertising? Drop us a line at [email protected]
We are honest people doing honest work. At Display Digital, we work with small businesses to help them grow and expand online. We don’t develop one-sized digital marketing packages. We produce value-based deliverables and focus on what matters to your business the most, increasing your revenues.
We use an analytical approach when onboarding clients. We look at your business from the bottom up, identify KPIs that matter, and create a custom strategy that best uses your dollars. Our service includes a comprehensive consult to audit your conversion funnel, brand presence and marketing tools. This process is an investment in the future of your business, and that is why we operate with non-fixed term retainers.
Our agency utilizes the latest advertising and marketing technology, ensuring we maximize your sales and create a smooth buyer’s journey.
Enjoy more digital marketing news and tips
Search intent has been slowly evolving over the recent years. SEO and PPC experts have been analyzing search terms to understand the purpose behind the
So you just started running ad campaigns for your small business, a few months go by, and you are still not seeing any sales or